in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Monday, February 5, 2007

day 1 free of stench

Well, it is less pleasant than you might think.
Unlike the picture in my mind which featured me in linnen pants walking carelessly down a golden beach, wind tousling my hair; a bullshit free life is really quite startling. It turns out it is a lot more like creeping fearfully through the dark sewers of the underworld looking for a manhole to escape through. It’s smelly and cold and weird down here and I never know what to expect by way of mutant sewer life. (Though I feel confident it won’t be the Ninja Turtles bursting forth with retro outfits and a catchy tune.)

Is it better to know you're here now than to wait until you're drowning in someone else's crap before you figure it out?

I guess that’s the price we pay for peace of mind. Or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home