in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We had to turn on the furnace today.
The leaves are tap dancing outside my bedroom window, through which air swirls in, cool enough to freeze the end of my nose. Colds are running through playgrounds faster than the snotty noses of their victims. We're caught off guard already - on the second day of fall.
I still can't really believe that people lament this. People mourn!
As I watch the trees explode into a fireworks display of red and gold and yellow, I'm just overcome with this sense of urgency to open my eyes.
It doesn't last!
So - with wide eyes - my list of reasons to be thankful:
1. The creator of the universe believes in colour coordinating her seasons which make them aesthetically pleasing.
2. I still talk to my kids from Hepburn because love is bigger than I thought.
3. A plan is materialising for a trip across the ocean to learn about faith and poverty and hope.
4. My job is easier than I would ever have though possible - it doesn't come home with me. It doesn't keep me up at night. It just, is a job!
5. I took my first ever sick day which means tomorrow, my cold and I are going to curl up with a good book and not leave our bed until we feel like it.
6. Walks in the fall smell like potporri.
7. Purging oneself of unnecessary clutter leaves room for possibility.
8. I have the most amazing people in my life who pray and hope and trust and encourage and love. They inspire me to be the me I was destined to become; they call her out of me.
9. I have a credit card which makes these last few weeks before pay day pretty possible. (Despite it now being 3 months to the day since my last cheque)
10. I don't have a poetic tenth thing, I just like round numbers.
11. Forget it, prime numbers are fun too. I'm thankful for prime numbers and factor trees and my grade 6 kids who like them too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home