in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I should probably be at work

Today, I woke up around 10ish. I opened my eyes groggily and looked around for my cold. But he was nowhere to be found. I lifted the covers off my sleepy limbs and couldn't see him lurking. I stepped tentatively out of bed, on the off chance he'd just slipped to the washroom. But I didn't hear him. I could still smell him in the chilled air, see the imprint he'd left in the pillow beside my plugged up head. But, it would seem, he disappeared sometime during my beautiful, unburdened slumber.
Since the sub was already into second period by the time I realized he'd cleared off, it seemed I couldn't renege on my first ever "sick day". So I've decided to call it "health and wellness day" and not indulge the twinge of guilt gathering around my brain. Health day has included some of my favorite things: hot tea in bed, baking cakes and various other concoctions with our wide array of rapidly ripening produce, chatting with my best friend in my pj's.
Now, I'm about to send off my Hands at Work application. I think this is a much needed day. Perhaps I'll even have a nap.
Is it wrong to stay home once you discover you're actually not that sick anymore?
Thanks to all of you who pay your property taxes and make this day possible for me. Trust me, I am enjoying every moment. Call me if you'd like a piece of the fruit of your labour. I have cakes flying everywhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home