in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

the fat men

I have 5 brothers in 3 batches and they're wonderful. In fact, I couldn't be luckier if I had 18 brothers... or even just one good sister.
I got to hang out with the fat men today. They are the batch with a 6 and an 11 year old.
They hate girls and every vegetable and bugs (in particular ones than have no legs or hundreds of legs). They love fighting at the slightest provocation and imitating The Pink Panther and eating anything with a main ingredient of sugar.
I nearly fell down the stairs when, upon walking into the house, they each not only hugged me, but complimented my shirt!
Angels!
It didn't even matter that Johnny kicked me later when I was tickling him, or that Austin refused to clear his plate (especially since he was keen to learn about mortgages and financing).
And so I must admit, I've been floating around my house all evening. There's hope! They're emerging into little gentlemen and some little girls somewhere will be very lucky to ever end up with them one day. (Though they better beware...the wrath of the older sister is severe)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home