in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Stilettos 1: Tatyiana 0

Tatiyana and I had another race today.
The last race was the fateful day I challenged spring and then lost to a truck and a puddle.
The stakes were higher today because I was wearing fun floral print, pink stilettos.
I won.
I will more than likely break a leg or an ankle on account of this gloating, but I'm unreal in the 100 meter stiletto dash.

The sun was shining today. I've determined that even though it was cold, and my dad feels like shit in the smelly hospital, and my mom is full of chemo, and Callie and Tatiyana don't even have flour in their house- it's a great day to be alive. It's great because the ice is cracking; and dad's going home; and mom crochets stylish hats; and I have flour to spare.
So it's good. Or it will be as soon as I can convince myself to believe that. (Which I will). Because life is far too short to be moody. (Unless you write brilliant poetry, which I don't so I'd better get over myself).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home