in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I think today is the day I decided I want to become a preacher.
Ha! Even writing the words sounds audacious. But I think I believe them.
The thing is, I need to admit I'm not good at teaching. Like the profession of teaching math and social studies and computer and planning for 500 years in the future and making sure everyone has their lunch and did their homework. I don't really care.
But philanthropy? Philosophy? Theology? Hook a sister up!
I don't remember the last time I felt this free.
There is a long road ahead, but I will be damned if it means another year of french lesson plans.
(Don't quote me on that; irony has a funny way of biting me in the ass).
Step one: deal with potty mouth. "Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be." James 3 :10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home