in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Sunday, October 19, 2008

painting a sunday afternoon


I painted my first ever canvas today. Perhaps the best Sunday in recorded history, my best friend and I sipped lattes and painted away an afternoon at the river. The chilly wind was no deterrent, nor the giggling joggers; neither did the lack of skill even discourage. Instead, it was sheer bliss as the sun tried peeking through the hazy clouds and biting fall chill. We sat until our bums were soaked. I am pleased to announce no one painted a river scene, much to my relief. Instead, Kristie painted her own lungs and I painted two girls in scarves....bet you can't get who came up with the more creative theme?
I am crossing over the world of artists. This is for sure what life has been missing. Berets and acrylic paint sets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home