in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Melancholy Thursday Musing

The whole world feels languid and gloomy today when confronted with the somber reality of this gray day. The people outside my Starbucks' window shuffle in a bundle of coats and scarves and rosy, runny noses - hair and coattails flapping at the frigid breath of a coming winter.
My coffee and my hands have gone cold, reminding me that everything is fleeting. It's here and it's gone: like that man's cap, like the delicious feeling of hot coffee, like the perfect sensation of waking in a warm bed full of blankets and sleep.
The end of a season. The end of summer, the end of my employment at Lakeview, the end, the end.
And yet, the beginning.
I guess that's the beauty of endings.
And, at the risk of boring everyone with my redundant lamentations, I only feel like bemoaning the end. Somewhere in my heart though, there is celebration.
Points of celebration on a gloomy day in October:
1. Hands at Work will be contacting me sometime in the next week to confirm or decline my application to go to Africa.
2. I get to see my little brother play football on Friday.
3. My best friend prays or drinks wine or watches movies with me when I'm wigging out and it helps.
4. God answers prayer.
5. Two of you read this - shout out to Shanny T. and anonymous- which comforts me because that means I am not talking to myself. ha ha
6. There's always room for growth. Things need to die so other things can grow. And they do, without fail.
7. My grade 3/4 class speaks only in French for 30minutes! It's beside the point that we only talk about whether or not we can go to the washroom and how we are doing. It's beside the point because they can do it for 30minutes without any English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home