in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Friday, November 14, 2008

count your blessings, will I ever learn?

The snow settled in today, quietly.
One minute there's just a glistening ice covering the city, the next, a blanket of snow. It's like a big cover up. I hear the Geese protesting this forced exit from outside my bedroom window. They're not alone in their frustration. But mostly, for me anyway, it just feels like this snow triggers a fear of what's to come rather than an actual acceptance of the miracle of today.
All in all, the day, the snow, it still shakes down to a win.

I was a cow to a few students today. I have a cold that finally settled into my snot ducts. I did not finish anything I intended to finish. BUT I sent an email asking the people I love for their help on my journey to Africa and already a dozen people have cheerfully responded. I got to work on a sermon today with a guy who's taking the time to show me the ropes and this is changing my life. I reconciled to my best friend after an ugly theological debate over chocolate stout. I am staying in my bed tomorrow; which is a blessing disguised as illness so I'll count it on the pro side.
I guess I feel loved if I only think about this moment and block out the frightening images that threatening me from the past and the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home