in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Monday, October 8, 2007

Revised Edition

After thinking about my last post, I've revised my thankfulness plan.
I don't want to be so bratty.
I'm thankful that there are geese on the river that meet in secret communion to negotiate travel plans.
I love that you can only hear them if you are right next to the water.
I'm thankful that I can see my breath outside, but it's not too cold to sit on a bench and watch city lights reflecting off the shiny, fallen leaves.
I love that I get to hang out with awesome kids every day.
I love that I am learning a lot and that I have ripe tomatoes on my counter.
I'm thankful for the warm bed I am about to crawl into and a loving family and good friends that would kick my ass if I needed it.
I'm thankful that my mom's cancer seems to have disappeared and that whatever happens to my Oma is in my God's hands, not mine.
I'm thankful that I got to relax all weekend and that I had one last nap outside in the sunshine...even if my feet and nose were frozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home