in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Sunday, September 23, 2007

And then suddenly...

I'm not sure when fall happened.
I went for a lazy, late-afternoon coffee today and discovered Second Avenue quivering and naked. Branches stood awkward and self conscious at being so quickly disrobed. They waved nervously as we watched them. (No one knows what to do with their hands when they're feeling vulnerable.) They have not adjusted to their new winter wardrobe. And neither have I.
I feel the cold sneaking in through the holes in my sweater; pounding up through the soles of my shoes; creeping into the cracks in windows, doors, and walls that I've forgotten about in the seduction of summer sweat.
It's here...fall officially, nearly winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home