in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Monday, May 21, 2007

another day, another dollar

Quel relief! I made it through the may long without having planted a garden which means I'm not a washed up, middle aged, garden planting, RRSP buying mom!

In fact, I'm still broke, still under-payed, still irresponsible, and consequently, still young. Phew.

Not to mention, I get to go to Europe in less than a month!

Yep.

Straight up.

Not even lying.

Europe.

Me.

I'm so excited about this prospect, that I consider running down the street naked screaming. I'm not sure why, but it seems like the only thing that would match my internal glee. Unfortunately the non-grown up, non-savings account, non-debt free part of me is regretting all that wine I drank this term. Europe on a shoe-string is certainly the reality. Oh well, I'll be there, in a beret, drinking cappuccinos and writing my novel.

The future starts today friends, as if I won't be a famous novelist now? Come on! I'll be writing on the beach at Montpelier!

Don't worry, I won't let it get to my head. I'll be a benevolent celebrity who still lives in a small city and drives a Sunfire...ugh, no, no - the Sunfire will definitely go. But it will be nothing fancier than a Volvo - I swear.

Though coming across a money tree in the meantime would not make me any less humble either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shantelle said...

Ohhhh Europe, i couldn't be more happy for you and jealous at the same time. You will have such an amazing time and I'm so excited for you. One day we are going to go to Europe together, destiny will take us there...

May 22, 2007 at 1:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home