in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Delirium indeed




de·lir·i·um [di-leer-ee-uhm]

1. Pathology. a more or less temporary disorder of the mental faculties, as in fevers, disturbances of consciousness, or intoxication, characterized by restlessness, excitement, delusions, hallucinations, etc.
2. a state of violent excitement or emotion.


Wow-y friends. Delirium was delirious. And the speedo dudes from the other day were totally in the show - you can see them right here in their fancy little outfits. I'm not going to lie, the real thing was even more impressive than the show at the river. My jaw hurts from dragging on the pavement all evening.

I think today will be the turning point; I'm going to become a gymnast. Now for those of you who have seen the Louise style cartwheel, and wondered how anyone can survive a day with so little coordination, I can feel your disbelief...but have faith. My goal is to be able to stand on one foot while rotating a hoolahoop on the other foot behind my head by next Friday - I'll let you know how that goes. Perhaps the week after that I'll be able to do back flips off people's shoulders; any volunteers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home