in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

New Leaf

I started my new novel today. I mean, the one I'm writing. (And the one I'm reading actually, which was a lot better than the last one - I finished The Story of B and would recommend it to you all.)

Anyway, my last disastrous attempt at writing has finally, for today anyway, been laid to rest. The story was a (barely) fictional account of the internal musings of a deranged, neurotic writer named Gwen. (Based on the real life internal musings of someone you probably don't know who is a deranged, neurotic writer with an old lady name).

Ah, but the new novel will be better. So far I only have a title and the first page - but it's there, waiting to be written, just outside the grip of my ball point pen, lurking just beyond the margins of my new notebook. It's coming. I can feel my mind in the throes of labour willing this masterpiece (or piece of you-know-what) to be conceived on the page. I'm excited.

I can't wait to be a real writer who actually writes a whole novel. I mean, if Dan can get away with that Arnold Schwarzenegger stint and make millions, surely I could at least finish something. Though, looking at this blog and that creepy piece of man meat here staring me down - I'm unconvinced that there's hope for me. We'll see how it goes.

2 Comments:

Blogger chandra said...

Hi ,

waiting to see you as a besr selling author.

warm wishes

chandra

chandrasart.blogspot.com

May 9, 2007 at 10:48 p.m.  
Blogger Shantelle said...

You are a blogging MACHINE! I like it, and you.

May 10, 2007 at 11:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home