in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Friday, May 4, 2007

Out of control

I've been living on the precipice of panic- my heart beats through my shirt, my head pounds late into the night, my eyes bat long languid blinks. The little storm cloud of doom and gloom seems to follow me around and there's nothing I can do. I feel out of control - mainly because that's exactly what I am beside the world and all the things causing me to panic are out of my control.

So what a timely verse to come across as I am deliberating over what to do in a helpless spot:
1 Samuel 12:16
Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!

I think this sounds a little too much like patience, but in the absence of any reasonable ideas on how to react to my current crises, I guess I'll stand still and see.

Perhaps I'll even have a witty quip or a clever joke before long too. Wouldn't that be a lovely change from the pity trip segment of my life novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home