in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Sunday, April 29, 2007

And they called him shit head

I'm pretty sure - positive actually - that I resolved not to swear anymore. However in this rare instance, in order to appreciate one hilarious moment, I need to.
Out for a stroll the other day(one of the very last to my car in the secret parking lot by the university and the river) I came across a multitude of joggers and cyclists and old people out enjoying the sunshine. One thing I will say about Saskatchewan is that everyone appreciates the sunshine - in particular in April when we're still groggy and fat from hibernation.
Anyway - amid the onslaught of merry passers-by is a middle aged woman with her big black dog. She is dressed appropriately (if not stylishly) in some reasonable jogging attire and in the midst of the zoo of people and the smell of spring wind and the bright sun I nearly missed it. But there he was, her muzzled dog, with a bag of his own shit stuck to the side of his head. I nearly wish I was joking for the sake of this poor creature, but alas, for real this dog was running by the river with a baggy of poo attached to his muzzle! Can you believe it? That guy must really get harassed by the other manly dogs by the river. I mean the muzzle is one thing, but a bag of fecal matter on your face? Come on!

Speaking of the unbelievable - I'm officially done, finito, vertig, finis my university career today. Hmm. I'm not even sure what to say. I had a pitcher of delicious beer on the Yard patio before my final today and realized how good it is to be alive and be a student. I think I won't be a student by the time I wake up tomorrow, so I better enjoy these last few moments at 1 in the morning before I mutate sometime during my sleep tonight into an adult with 11g's of debt...oops.

Any good ideas for making a shit load of money? (...no pun intended)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home