in the garden of the mind...

...where thistles threaten and daisies dance

Monday, September 10, 2007

Too good

Wow - it feels like a hundred years ago that I last sat down with a tiny morsel of life to share with an unknown cyber audience. (which might just be me for all I know).
Life could not be better.
It couldn't.
I kept imagining it with more money, or more flashing lights, or more chocolate, or shoes, or time, or anything - and it never got better. It's the best it can be.
As it turns out God did call me from the dock of my grandma's cabin. Actually, he waited until I was good and ready to come home and then plunked this precious nugget of good fortune into my lap. I knew it! I knew he had something amazing lined up. (I even afforded mortgage payments in the meantime, if that isn't divine intervention!)
I wake up with a huge grin every morning and wander downtown for a Starbucks. Then once I've woken up, worked on my novel and even read the paper, I meander to the school where I get to teach my tiny, well behaved classes about social injustice, apostrophes and typing home row. I just run around all day playing grown up. Then, when I'm ready for bed (at 9:30) - I fall asleep (with a huge grin on my face) and wake up the next day to do it again.
I am a novelist, kids club leader, and teacher. How could you want more from a life?
It's perfect.
I feel nothing but gratitude - for the leaves turning and the wind howling and the rain falling and the little health assignments I get to go mark. Mark! With a red pen!
To a future doubter - remember this joy. This is the overwhelming ecstasy that comes with answered prayer. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home